A Moorish, Vegan Pumpkin Dip
Who doesn’t love dip!? This vibrant pumpkin dip is a great alternative to hummus. Made from all veggies, it’s legume-free, grain-free, vegan and deliciously Moorish.
It will taste better the day after as flavours will get intensified. The pumpkin dip will keep for up to two weeks in a sealed jar in the fridge with a spoon of olive oil on top.
- 700 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into wedges
- 250 g of sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges
- 250 g of potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground caraway
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 3 tablespoons mashed preserved lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees and line up a baking tray with baking sheet, place the pumpkin and sweet potato marinate lightly with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes till roasted well.
- Meanwhile, place the potato in a saucepan and cook for 25 minutes until the potato is tender. Strain and leave the potato in a sieve for 5 minutes to drain fluid.
- Transfer the vegetables to a food processor, add the remaining ingredients and mix for few minutes till a coarse texture is being formed. Cool well and drizzle with \olive oil and some lemon zest garnish.