Cardamom Turkish Coffee Raw tart, serve with Chocolate, Pistachio & Rose Delights
For those of you who like coffee flavoured desserts – this one is for you! Think Tiramisu, but in a raw vegan style that’s been pimped with cardamom and sprinkled with pretty chocolate, pistachios and rose petals.
Perhaps this is the dessert to impress all the family over the holidays?!
- 2 cups walnuts
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Cardamom latte filling:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews, soaked overnight – rinsed well
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk + extra
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar / Date syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1–2 shots of Cardamom Turkish coffee, cooled
- Prepare 2 shots of Cardamom coffee and place in the freezer to cool while you prepare the base.
- To make the base, line a small rectangular baking dish or tray with baking paper and set aside. Process walnuts until fine and crumbly, add coconut oil, then dates, one at a time, and process until no large chunks remain.
- Pinch the mixture together between your fingers – if it holds its shape, it’s the right consistency. If not, add 1 tbsp of cold water at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Firmly press the base mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared tray and place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- To make the filling, remove coffee from freezer and blend all ingredients together, starting with 1⁄2 cup coconut milk. Gradually add extra coconut milk until the entire mixture is smooth and churning consistently. You may need to regularly stop the blender and scrape down the sides with a spatula to allow for a well-combined mixture. Taste and adjust if desired.
- Remove the prepared base from the freezer and evenly pour the latte cream on top. Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight for best results.
- To serve, slice into even squares while frozen and soften at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with chocolate, pistachios and rose petals sprinkled on top.
Another way to serve this cake is like below, with pomegranate syrup & chocolate discs sprinkled with pistachio and rose petals.