Chocolate Swirl Meringues served with Cream & Fruit of the Forest
Is there anything better than a fluffy meringue than whipped cream and sour berries? Maybe if you add in a swirl of chocolate! This quintessential dessert will never grow old in our opinion.
We are passionate about cooking and baking. That’s why we decided to start Open Table Cooking School. To share with guests of the catering company the many recipes and techniques for delicious food like this one.
A debut Baking only cooking class is coming to the school next month. This one will be aptly called ‘Just Desserts’. We’re cutting out the savoury for this one and focusing on A 5-hour, hands-on workshop where Ronit will teach a variety of sweet recipes.
This Chocolate Swirl Meringue recipe is just a taste of what’s to come on Sunday 10 March at Open Table Cooking School. Enjoy!
Makes 6 meringues
- 3 egg whites
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Cocoa powder mixed with 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar
- 200 ml whipped cream
- Strawberries and raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 100°C
- In a bowl, separate the egg whites and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar in stages, as you whisk.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and white wine vinegar.
- Keep whisking until stiff peaks form, or until you can tip the bowl upside down and the meringue holds its shape.
- Gently fold in the cocoa powder, taking care not to over mix.
- Spoon the meringue onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 60 minutes, until the meringue no longer sticks to the paper.
- Serve with cream, strawberries and raspberries